Thursday, November 19, 2009

Homework #24, Short Story 1- Cool People.

Cassie was a beautiful seventeen year old, with long, dirty blonde hair and big, lavender colored eyes. She had a style of her own, and a sense of coolness about her that was often effortless. She was happy it was girl's night in with her friends, and they were sitting around in the living room talking.

"So, how did you meet Chaz?" Roxy asked, pulling Cassie out of her thoughts.
Cassie blinked, looked up at her friends and said, "Do you really want to know?"
"Yeah!" "Sure!" A chorus of cheers went round the room.
Cassie smiled, and tucked a lock of hair behind her ear that was been falling in her eyes. "Well, one day I was walking down the street with some of my classmates, and I noticed this really cute boy had been tailing me. So I was trying to act cool -a little bit more than I already am, of course- and Trina decided it'd be funny to try and trip me. All of a sudden I was falling, and seconds before I was about to hit the pavement, I realized I wasn't falling anymore. Then I felt the strong arms wrapped around my waist, and smelled the rich scent of his leather jacket. I turned around, and smiling, looked up into the warm green eyes of my hero. 'You saved me!' I said. With a cool, relaxed smile on his face, he said: 'Anytime babe.'"
"Awww!" "Then what happened?!" Suddenly all the girls were asking questions at once.
Cassie gave a wicked grin, and continued "Offering his hand, he said, 'My name's Chaz, what's yours beautiful?' and that, ladies, is how I met my sweetie.'"
"He sounds like a really cool guy." Mavis said with a wink.
"Yeah, yeah he is." Cassie replied.

The End



To give credit where it's due, I wrote this story while thinking about a scene from the movie Grease.

4 comments:

  1. Hannah, I liked your story. I felt like it was interesting to see how the girl thought she was cool and yet she tried to act cooler despite this. The boy complementing the girl and saving her is also pretty cool and I liked how you added in details such as the smell of his jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah,
    your story was short and sweet. i liked it alot. i thought about the movie grease as i was reading it then read your last comment on the bottom. where both the girl and the guy play cool characters. it more or less seemed like one of those fantasy stories, where there is a Damsel in distress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your story, it seems to portray the typical cool guy from some love story or something.

    From your story I see that for you, being cool is being the kind type sort of, and just going with the flow, not worrying too much about what might happen, which I guess is a nice way to live. Its sometimes good to not worry about what may happen, since it'll make you worry too much

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah,
    I like your short story. It was not just the right length not too long or to short. You gave just enough to fill a 10-minute scene. You gave a quick narration of the setting. Then you use dialogue the rest of the way to tell you story. I was able to understand the story and figure out who was the cool character.

    ReplyDelete