Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Homework #26, Interviewing Strangers, Once Again

Taking it to the street:

Stranger 1: Casey *creeper*
What do you think is cool? "I think spirituality is cool."
Who's cooler, the pope or the president? "Obama. He's not pretentious, he's real, he's honest, and he doesn't make empty promises."
What do you think is cool about yourself? "I'm 58 years old, and I can still play ball. I am a Surrogate Father. I lived with seven sisters, and my mom, and I was the only boy. Also, I have lived through two occasions where I was supposed to be dead. I got stabbed in September, 1973, when I was seventeen. And I survived a gun shot. I was saved because of the luck of a priest."

Stranger 2: A women working at AA (American Apparel): Arista. *I tried to take a picture of her but some mean lady told me we were not allowed to take pictures in the store.*
What do you think of as cool? Like clothes, cell phones, style, materialistic things? "Clothes are pretty cool I guess."
What do you think is cool about yourself, if you think of yourself as cool? "I'm all over the place, and crazy. I like myself. I'm weird cool."
Do you spend a lot of time thinking about popularity, and coolness? "I have a whole bunch of magazines I'm always looking at to see what's in."
Who, -on television or celebrators- do you think of as cool? "I watch a lot of Nickelodeon things. I think Sam from I-Carly is cool. She has her own style, she's girly but she's not really girly. She's different."
Do you spend more time now trying to be cool, or did you spend more time trying to be cool in high school? "In high school I didn't really care what was cool. I guess I spend more time trying to be cool now."

Stranger 3: Nia *She was handing out cards for a restaurant, and we made a deal: we'd take a bunch of the cards if she'd let us interview her.*
Who do you think is cool? "I think anyone who is original, with their own sense of style is cool. "
Who is cooler, the pope or the president? "The pope is cooler." Really? Why? "The pope is cooler because he just chills and gets money. He could be at a strip club right now, and no one would know it."
Do people consider you to be cool? Do your friends consider you cool? "I think my friends think I'm cool."
Do you think your friends are cool? "No, not really. Not a lot of them."
What about your friends do you think is cool? "We have our own inside jokes, and we understand each other."

No comments:

Post a Comment