Thursday, December 3, 2009

Homework #27, Interviewing Friends And Family

Most of these pictures are off of their facebooks


Interviewing friends:
Interviewing one of my best friends, Alice:

Alice Without The Mustache:

What do you think is cool? Like clothing, celebs, parties, theater.. "I think its cool to do the things you like doing with other people who like them and to not feel judged for it".
Do you think of yourself as cool? If so, what are some things about yourself that you think are cool? "By my definition sure. I will tell people my favorite music genre is musical theatre because it is, and I shouldn't be ashamed of the things I love."
Do your friends think you are cool? "Oh. I really couldn't say. I guess they hang out with me because they like something about me.."
Do you think your friends are cool? "Yes, they are cool. Because they are people who are confident in their life choices."
Who's cooler, the pope or the president, and why? "The pres because he's okay with gays."
Okay. Who do you think is cool? Like a character in a book, or ploy, or a celeb, or on tv? "Marla singer from Fight Club and Miss Rain from Precious."
Why?"Marla because she can take care of herself and stand up to men. And Miss Rain because she helps people through the thing she loves and is proud of her sexuality."
________________________________________
Interviewing my friend Harry, over the phone:
Harry:
What do you think is cool? Like clothing, celebs, parties, music..
"Music is cool, art is cool. Activism is cool."
Who do you think is cool? Like a character in a book, or play, or a celeb, or on tv?
Uh..probally.. What’s-his-name.. I guess I’ll go with RenĂ© Magritte. The really famous painter (The this is not a pipe guy.) Because he has a really interesting perspective on reality. He’s a good painter.
Do you think of yourself as cool? If so, what are some things about yourself that you think are cool?
*Harry didn’t want to be pretentious and bragging, or seem too into himself. He's a really real guy.* "I’m cool because I’m honest. And because I read, and reading’s cool. I don’t know. I’m cool because I like to express myself in many different ways."
Like through art, and music, and poetry. "Yeah exactally."
Is there anything unique, or cool about yourself that only you do?
"Um.. I don’t know. I don’t think there are a lot of people named Harry Russell. Does that count? Umm I don’t know. Things that are unique here might not be that unique there. Hmm are there anything cool or unique about me? I don’t know.. No!"
Do your friends think you are cool? "I mean I hope so, they’re my friends."
Do you think your friends are cool? "Um.. some of them."
Who's cooler, the pope or the president, and why?
“Uh. Definitely the president. Just because the pope is like weird. The president right now hasn’t done too many bad things, and the pope has done a lot of bad things. But the president is a lot newer so I guess we have to see.”
__________________________________________________
Interviewing James, An Honorary Family Member:
James:

Who's cooler, the pope or the president, and why?

“The president, because he’s more of a democratically elected person, and he’s more elected by the people, which would make him cooler I think.”
What do you think is cool? Like clothing, celebs, parties, theater..
“I would say talents are cooler than materialistic things. There’s more to it, and it’s more of a personal like accomplishment, more than something you buy.”
Who do you think is cool? Like a character in a book, or play, or a celeb, or on tv?
“I think Angela Lansbury is cool. Because she’s had an amazing career and she’s a very down to earth person I’ve met her. So talent and success did not make her crazy.”
Do you think of yourself as cool? If so, what are some things about yourself that you think are cool?
“Umm, sure, I think I’m cool. I think that what makes someone cool is they can’t care if other people think they are cool. They have to be self sufficiently cool.”
Do your friends think you are cool?
“Umm… I dunno. “
Do you think your friends think you’re cool?
“Yes.”
Do you think your friends are cool?
“Umm.. Yes. I think they’re cool because they are passionate about what they want to do and they just do their thing.”
____________________________________________________
Interviewing my Brother Kyle, and my Mom, Vivian. They were being really sarcastic, and talking all at once.
Kyle, my Brother:

My Mom, Vivian (this picture is on her facebook, and I couldn't find another picture at the moment. She's doing the warrior yoga pose.):

Who's cooler, the pope or the president, and why?
Kyle: “I’m sorry who? Who are they? Paris or Brittney who?”
Vivian: “The president. The pope pushes a belief system that I don’t agree with. And I’m talking about pushes. I don’t think it’s right to tell people what’s right or wrong. I think everyone should get to figure it out by themselves. The president on the other hand, was elected by the majority because they agree with his beliefs.”
What do you think is cool? Like clothing, celebs, parties, theater..
Kyle: “Weave, fake eyelashes, hair dye, Mac make-up, sequins, and spikes.”
Mom: Natural things -just to counter Kyle- like seashells, crystals, and gems. Rock n Roll, and naturally curly hair.
Who do you think is cool? Like a character in a book, or play, or a celeb, or on tv?
Kyle: “Umm, I know three really great people: me, myself, and I. Adam Lambert, Jeffery Starr, and Paris Hilton. Oh wait and Lindsey’s kinda cool.”
Mom: “Adam Lambert, I think the funniest thing is Kyle and I are coming from different places and we both think Adam Lambert is cool. Mahatma Gandhi, James Dean’s a good one. Umm.. Benazir Bhutto she might be the first elected female leader of an Asian country, I think you could say that carefully.”
Do you think of yourself as cool? If so, what are some things about yourself that you think are cool?
Kyle: “Yes I think I’m very awesome.
Mom: Self -esteem isn’t one of Kyle’s problems. He has a lot of them but self- esteem isn’t one of them.
Kyle: “My personality, my clothes, my hair (well some of my fake hair.)”
Mom: “Do I think I’m cool? Yep. Why do I think I’m cool? Because people trust me, and talk to me about stuff that’s bothering them. And I help people. Also like 42 kids call me mom. And.. I‘m still Rock n Roll.”
Do your friends think you are cool?
Mom: “Some of them. Why do I think my friends are cool? I have all different kinds of friends that understand different sides of me. So some of them are nerdy like my nerdy side, and some of them are cool like my cool side.”
Kyle: “Yes because they befriended me.”
Do you think your friends think you’re cool?
Mom: “Yeah, my friends respect the way I live my life: the non-profit I run, the house I keep, and the way I raise my kids. That’s it.”
Kyle: “Yes I do. Because they are the friends that I chose personally.”

No comments:

Post a Comment