Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Homework #9, Replying to Amon and Jace's comments

Jace, I'm really glad we're working together on our blogs. It's sort of surprising that we can connect with each other and that we work well together. I'm grateful that we can communicate together without much difficulty in our blog posts and comments.

I feel like you payed attention to what I was doing in my videos, which was really sweet even though my videos were really boring. I had a feeling you wouldn't watch second video but it's kind that you did. You said how I'm kind of looking around while I was texting, which I didn't really see when I watched my video. Knowing the computer was recording everything I was doing made me kind of nervous, so I felt like I faked how I was acting at least a little bit. LIke the head-nodding to the music.

What kind of "statements" on technology do you mean? Do you want me to be less original and more restating what everyone else says? I like your question "what can we do that is not technology based?" a lot! It's kind of corny I guess but I go upstate to my dad's country house every other weekend, and my dad makes me take walks around the property. I realized last weekend when I was walking around I didn't even have my cell phone in my pocket, which was a little surprising for me.

As I keep saying, I look forward to working with you.

-Hannah
_____________________________________________________

Dear Amon, welcome back! I apologize if you feel like I was harassing you too much to get your work done. I bother Jace as well whenever he doesn't do his work by the deadlines Andy does. I understand that school is exhausting, then work must be on top of that but Andy gives us deadlines in advance so that we have enough time to get the assignments finished.

I'm glad you like the color of my videos. I think it was my brother's idea for the colors, but it was my idea for the old fashioned hat. I came downstairs in the hat and once I had to record the video my brother said I should do it in black and white. I'm never in front of video chat anymore, so once I was in front of the camera I became so aware that it was there, that I wasn't able to do anything without being conscious of the camera. I used to video chat all the time, but that's when I used to go on IM.

I didn't have much of an idea what to do for the first video, so my brother was trying to help me by telling me to text, and change songs on the ipod. There was a longer bit at the end of me on the ipod, but once the camera hit two minutes I found out it lost half of the footage. That's why I did the guitar for the second part.

I remember talking to go a long time ago on IM and learning you played the guitar. I'm just a beginner, but I'd like to get better at it. The guitar is an acoustic guitar, and it has nylon strings on it. My guitar teacher usually makes me tune the guitar by ear when he's teaching, but when he isn't there I prefer to use a tuner. Tuning by ear is sort of difficult. Do you use a tuner as well or can you tune by ear?

Oops. I text on the train, and I have even memorized that 14st doesn't have service in the train station. I also listen to music on the train most of the time, and notice how many other people are listening to their ipods while I am.

Don't worry, if you try being selfish again I will continue to bother you like I did the last time.

I look forward to reading and responding to your blog posts in the future.

P.s, I don't understand what you mean by an edited comment on your video. I wrote an edited one already, did I not?

No comments:

Post a Comment