Monday, September 21, 2009

Dear Amon and Jace

To Amon: I really agree with your way of thinking, and how you wrote this post. The use of language is much more sophisticated than I was expecting it to be. I appreciate how you mentioned some societies that live without technology, and instead live in nature. I wasn't thinking of that angle of looking at things, but instead of focusing on the future and wondering how things will be like while we're growing up.

For the conclusion, I really got and agree that it is important to balance technology in moderation within our daily lives. You also stated your fear that our dependance on technology may affect us negatively, which is a fear that I've heard coming up a lot lately in our class.

I don't really like to watch tv,but I have one in my room and I have noticed how every time my friend or friends come over, they turn on the tv. I haven't really gotten sucked into being addicted to televisions because I don't enjoy them unless I'm feeling desperate to get distracted or watch a tv show. Where you said " what we find as barbaric or just plain weird" it made me think of how when my friends ask me if I watch tv, and I say no they get really surprised and ask me what I do in my life without it. I don't think of myself to be too absorbed in many things of technology like tvs, computers.. But I do depend on my cell phone and ipod a lot.

I really like all the things that you discussed in your post, like people not appreciating nature, how everyone has a remote on the couch, and your fear of the future. You could write about the kinds of electronics you depend on, i.e laptops, tvs, microphones, amps, etc.

Keep writing how you're writing! I look forward to reading more of your posts in the future.
_________________________________________________

To Jace:I like how even when this post is short it says your fears about technology to come. You realized things that people have not pointed out, like how the little computer guy talks about writing letters. I also notice sometimes that when I'm typing it sounds like I am writing a text message, which is a problem.

I think your main post is that we are getting lazier with how computers finish writing words for us, or how we have tabs open, and how the internet remembers links. I understand what you are saying in your post, and agree with you. It is more convienent sometimes for us not to have to type things out all the time, yet it slows down our way of thinking.

I noticed there is a new thing you can install called "top sites" which remembers all of the most recent websites visited. Top sites really irritates me because right now I am on my dad's computer which is not used a lot, so some of the top sites are blogger, and people's blogs.

Your thoughts are always enjoyable to read, yet you don't always push yourself to the next level. I think you could expand on your fears for technology in the future.

The main thing you made me think about is how on Word whenever you try and list things it automatically reformats and makes bullet points for the list. Everything on Word that tries to help me in that way annoys me.

Keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment