Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Homework #42, The Importance Of Our Topics

Part B:

At first, I was wondering if there was an actual guide-book to how to be a teacher, so that's my first paragraph in part a. Then I decided to change my topic again to see if it was possible to be taught through poetry. So my question is how can education be found through poetry/ how do schools teach students through poetry?


For five years that I can really remember, and probably even before then, I've been really interested in reading and writing poetry. I remember when I was younger I got obsessed with poetry and my mom bought be a huge stack of poetry books. I had stayed up really late each night reading them. I don't write as much poetry as I would like to in my daily life, but when I do I enjoy it.

I am a poet, and it is part of my life. When I was in sixth grade I submitted a poem to a poetry website, and to my surprise it was published in a book among other poets. Then a couple years ago, I got published in another poetry book by the same people.

There are times in school where the teachers decide to have a poetry unit. In eighth grade the teachers had us create books of poetry, through collages as well as through typing up poems. We had students from the high school come in and help us, as well as to perform poetry that they had written. There was also another grade after that where they had us doing a poetry unit.

I cannot answer how poetry will change the world, but I know that it is in my life, it is sometimes in school, and there are a lot of poets in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment